Saturday, April 7, 2012

My Week...

This would be a usual 'Week in Food' post, but I'm seriously lacking in the photo department. Why? My virus has come back & I am still not feeling great. Well that's a lie, I do feel great and I am bursting with energy, but my glands, ears and stomach are telling me a different story. As a result I lived on vegetable broth with soba noodles, rice and toast most of the week. Not the most exciting thing to photograph! But I did get the following in;





 Home made muesli with milk and grated apple
 First morning stomaching something that wasn't toast for breakfast, I was drooling at the site of this spoon of goodness. Yummmm!





Pistachios being chopped for some yummy pistachio & rosewater balls I made

 Recipe to follow next week.





 

 Prawns, home grown beans and roasted cauliflower
This was dinner last night, but my tummy wasn't quite ready and M ate half the prawns.


Ugh, is there anything more frustrating than a stomach that can't enjoy food? I hope your week was better than mine!

The writer's challenge today was to write about whatever you want... so I did that, tick!

Plans for the Easter long weekend are ... rest! Lunch at my parents tomorrow with loads of amazing food, so I hope my stomach is up to the task. I am making dessert - a coffee liqueur cheesecake and some caramel slice. Slowly slowly. I have to do something, I am so bored of the couch & day time television.

Have a beautiful Easter & enjoy your egg and bunny shaped chocolates, and please have a warm hot cross bun! With jam and cream. Best.

Stay well (according to my facebook wall and twitter feed, not many people are managing this. Must be the season!)

See you tomorrow,
Nat x

3 comments:

  1. Hi how are you?

    I was looking through your blog, and I found it interesting, and inspiring to me, so I thought why not post a comment.

    I have blogs also obviously, and would like to invite you to become my blog friend.

    I mostly post about the California experience through the perspective of personal writings, and my art.

    Maybe you can become my friend, and follow, and I can also follow you, if that is okay.

    Well I hope to hear from you soon… :)

    Jesse Noe Mendez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mademoiselle thank you for the comment - loving your blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummmm! For the prawns & muesli I mean :) Sending you get well vibes.
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete