Monday, February 7, 2011

10 at 100

I went through a phase in my life, (super recently actually), where I began to take a lot of notice of calories and how much is in all foods. It's a boring life and I don't recommend it on any level, but the one thing that has stuck is, when I am hungry between meals, I try to stick to snacks that are at or around 100 calories. Why? Because I put much more effort into my 3 meals a day and like to eat a little more of those. Besides, if I am still hungry after my snack and have another (100 calorie) snack, I know I haven't over done it.

So here are 10 snacks I eat regularly that come in at or around 100 calories. If you are trying to neaten up your waist line in a super healthy moderate way, (the only way, of course), these are a great guide for snacks.


1 Banana






3 cups air-popped pop corn
(buy a pop corn machine & flavour it with cinnamon - yum!)




1 slice toast with Vegemite.





16 almonds
or 10 almonds and 15 sultanas





1 Be Natural Trail Bar




1 Arnotts Tim Tam




1 Skinny Cappuccino or Cafe Latte





1 cup carrot sticks (120 or so grams) and 1 tablespoon hummus




1 slice fruit bread with scrape of jam.




Salad made only of fresh vegetables
(2-3 cups)


Obviously, the salad or carrot is better for you than the Tim Tam, and this is why calories don't work for a balanced life. But, regardless, I like the guide.

Have you ever counted calories?
What do you think of them?

Stay well,
Nat x

Photos from flickr & google

2 comments:

  1. This is a great post lady!!! I guess I don't snack so much but if I do it's a yogurt or perhaps one of those little boxes of almonds :) :) or Carmen's muesli bars I LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire you for not snacking much! I am a huge snacker.

    Carmen's muesli bars are amazing. The bars have about 20 calories from memory, but the bites are 100.

    I'm trying to concoct a perfect muesli bar recipe as we type, not there yet though..

    x

    ReplyDelete