Sunday, June 29, 2014

AN APPLE A DAY


I always buy loads & loads of granny smith's when they're on special at the fruit & veg shop or market knowing I can stew them and eat them for breakfast - especially good in the colder months.




Give the skins a thorough wash (I scrub them), put 2-3 cms of water in the bottom of a pot and add a cinnamon stick, a sprinkle of mixed spice & some star anise.

You can add some honey if you have a sweet tooth (or your kids do).

Cook on a medium heat stirring every 2-3 minutes.


This will take 2 minutes to prep and around 10 minutes to cook for 5 apples and gives you a super easy way to eat an apply every morning without even trying.  In fact, 30 seconds in the microwave from the fridge gives you an awesome warm base for some oats or muesli and a bit of yoghurt - it really does feel like apple pie for breakfast.




I never go a day without eating fruit as I love it so much, especially at breakfast.

How do you get your daily fruit?
Have you ever quit fruit as part of a sugar-dropping regime?  I could never!

Nat x


No comments:

Post a Comment