Saturday, August 18, 2012

Checking In

Hello!

I'm not sure what has happened, but I have lost my blogging passion.  It is most likely a result of starting full time work in a job I am finding really challenging and super enjoying, mixed with reading a lot about mindfulness, meditation and Buddhism - something that has affected the way I think much more than I ever thought it would.

But I'm still around..





That was Crown Towers last weekend for M's work function.

I'm still loving everything I've always loved on here, I'm just spending a whole lot more time enjoying it rather than photographing and writing about it (and thinking about how to write about it, or experiencing not-totally-hot breakfasts because I was trying to get the perfect shot).  It's strange.  I guess I don't feel the need to share it right now and I am focusing my energy else where, even if I have received lots of beautiful messages saying they miss my posts (absolutely unexpected and lovely!).

As a result of those lovely messages I decided to come back and just let you know what's happening with me.

As I mentioned, the new job is great.  It's funny how how life works out - I was so, so dead set on becoming an amazing nutritionist, and then within 2 months of study realised it was a personal passion, not a career path passion.  I love supply chain, (I have become a supply chain manager!  Very exciting, for me). I know it's crazy and it's certainly not something I ever thought I'd do when I was younger (let alone know existed), but I love it.  I think I've found my career calling.

I've been battling sinus issues all year.  For anyone who's ever had a serious bout of sinusitis, I feel ya!  My gosh, what a nasty little asshole it is.

As a result, my exercise regime has suffered badly and I feel terrible.  I'm beginning to rectify this weekend starting with M's birthday present to me (be it early), a brand new amazing exercises bike.  Yay!  So excited to start feeling good again.

I've really re-learnt over the past few months how food effects my body and am getting right back into how I was living, eating and exercising when I was recovering from CFS - I know it's not just medications that cured me.  I felt amazing because I was looking after my body amazingly, and I need to get back to that.

Another thing that really changed my mind frame was a good friend of mine, who also suffered through stupid CFS and did the same treatment protocol I did and recovered like me, (my health twin), was diagnosed with breast cancer.  She got on the road to recovery very quickly, which is a huge relief, but this stuff happens to people, people I know, people not very far off my age! I know for a fact that although we can never avoid it all together, we can reduce our risk with the choices we make, and I intend to make the best choices forever from now (well, from about 24 hours after I found out about her diagnosis).

So yes, that's me at the moment.  Nothing super exciting, just enjoying life!

If you want some new health inspiration (and I don't know the person that started this at all, just stumbled upon), maybe take a look at this facebook page, or head over to one of the web sites or blogs listed on the side of this one.

I truly hope you're all healthy, happy and inspired.

Stay well,
Nat x




3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear from you! I've definitely missed you in my blogroll. Sorry to hear about your friend. Life is such a bitch sometimes.

    But I'm glad to hear you're enjoying life. Yay for being in a job that you love!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear from you, Nat - and love your skirt! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Natalie, I hope you are still well and enjoying your new job as supply chain manager! Congrats! Sorry to hear about your friend. A friend of mine in France got diagnosed with breast cancer in March, she is 26. It really affected me too, so I understand how you feel. My friend is healthy, fit, never smoke, doesn't drink, no history of cancer in her family and have a super healthy diet (her mum works in an organic shop). Life is a bitch sometimes. She is recovering now after 6 months of chimio and radiotherapy. Luckily she is a very positive and beautiful person and I think that have help! She is visiting Australia at the moment before her surgery next month. Her husband and her have just spent several days with us in Sydney, her hair is growing back, she was very happy to feel free and not judge here in Australia. I hope you get back to a little bit of blogging, I miss it!

    ReplyDelete