Monday, September 1, 2014

ORANGES & GINGER

Today is the start of Spring and I had big big plans.  This is my absolute favourite time of year - the longest possible time until winter arrives again, my birthday, M's birthday, our anniversary, a lot of family birthday's, Christmas, NYE, Summer's down the coast, day light savings and this year at the end of it all, I will get married.

But today is not at all what I thought it would be!  Last week M had a nasty cold and I was flouncing around in my work out gear all smug that I didn't get it...

Yesterday I woke up with such a sore throat I couldn't talk or swallow.  That'll teach me.

So I didn't get to do anything I had planned for Sunday and I'm at home with a head full of bricks (I'm sure that's what's in there) and no appetite.  Not very fun.

What do you do when you have a cold?


I make orange and ginger juice.  Pretty easy - squeeze oranges and, as I don't have a juicer (I looked into it a while back but really I just don't want one), I use the microplane to get some ginger in straight from the freezer (where I keep my ginger so it doesn't go soft). 




Joining my juice this morning was a bowl of overnight oats with cinnamon, berries and pomegranate (just in water).  I never eat any dairy when I have a cold - not because I think it generates more mucus, but because it just adds to that  'heavy' feeling I get in the stomach when I'm all stuffed up.


This Australian Beer Festival cup I got two years ago is the perfect size for the juice of two oranges.
I also take super hot baths, keep myself insanely warm and drink a lot and a lot of water.
If it gets really bad, I swallow whole cloves of garlic and don't get out of bed.

Sadly, like the rest of the world, I still haven't found the cure...  if you have, you have to let me know!

I'll be back with my plan for my healthiest summer ever as soon as I feel like I'll actually be able to action it.

Hope you've all had a better start to Spring than I have!

Nat x
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment